Your Source for Leaks Around the World!

Archive for the ‘Yemen’ Category

Charlie Hebdo Massacre: At Least 12 Dead in Terrorist Attack at Magazine Office in Paris (Raw Video)

In Al-Qaeda, Archive, France, Terrorism, Yemen on January 7, 2015 at 1:50 PM


Gunmen have shot dead 12 people at the Paris office of French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo in an apparent militant Islamist attack.

Four of the magazine’s well-known cartoonists, including its editor, were among those killed, as well as two police officers.

Eyewitnesses described seeing two black-hooded men entering the building, dressed in the typical jihadist “uniform” of black balaclavas and khaki ammunition pouches. They then opened fire with Kalashnikovs in the office, with reports of up to 50 shots fired. A social media post from France’s AFP news agency reported that the men may also have been armed with at least one rocket-launcher, though this was not corroborated by other reports.

Upon exiting the office the attackers exchanged shots with police in the street before escaping by car. They later abandoned the car in Rue de Meaux, northern Paris, where they hijacked a second car.

Footage shot by an eyewitness outside the magazine’s office shows two armed men dressed in black approach a wounded police officer lying on the pavement. One of the men shoots the officer in the head, before both men are seen running back towards a black vehicle and driving away.



Witnesses said they heard the gunmen shouting “We have avenged the Prophet Muhammad” and “God is Great” in Arabic (“Allahu Akbar”).

Cedric Le Bechec, a 33-year-old estate agent who witnessed the attack, said that before launching the assault, the attackers approached a man in the street, saying: “Tell the media that this is al-Qaeda in the Yemen.”

Corrine Rey, a young mother and cartoonist who survived the massacre, said the men “spoke French perfectly” and claimed they were “Al-Qaeda terrorists”.

Ms Rey said she’d returned from picking up her young daughter from a kindergarten when she was confronted by two heavily armed men wearing balaclavas at the magazine office.

“I had gone to pick up my daughter at day care, arriving in front of the magazine building, where two masked and armed men brutally threatened us. They said they wanted to go up to the offices, so I tapped in the code,” she said, referring to the security system on the interphone.

The attackers went to the second floor and started firing indiscriminately in the newsroom, according to Christophe DeLoire, of Reporters Without Borders.

“This is the darkest day of the history of the French press,” he said.

Wandrille Lanos, a TV reporter who works across the road, was one of the first people to enter the Charlie Hebdo office after the attack. “As we progressed into the office, we saw that the number of casualties was very high. There was a lot of people dead on the floor, and there was blood everywhere,” he told the BBC.

Charlie Hebdo editor Stephane Charbonnier, 47, had received death threats in the past and was living under police protection.

French media have named the three other cartoonists killed in the attack as Jean Cabut aka Cabu, Bernard Verlhac aka Tignous and Georges Wolinski, as well as Charlie Hebdo contributor and French economist Bernard Maris.


(l to r) Maris, Wolinski, Cabut, Charbonnier, Verlhac

The attack took place during the magazine’s daily editorial meeting.

At least four people were critically wounded in the attack.

The number of attackers was initially reported to be two, but French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve later said security services were hunting three “criminals,” identified as Said Kouachi (34), Cherif Kouachi (32), and Hamyd Mourad (18). Cazeneuve said that Paris had been placed on the highest alert.



A major police operation is under way to find three gunmen who fled by car.

The satirical weekly has courted controversy in the past with its irreverent take on news and current affairs. It was firebombed in November 2011 a day after it carried a caricature of the Prophet Muhammad.

The latest tweet on Charlie Hebdo’s account was a cartoon of the Islamic State militant group leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

Tweet: Best wishes, by the way.
Comic caption: Best wishes. To you too, al-Baghdadi.

al-Baghdadi’s quote: And especially good health.

Charlie Hebdo’s website, which went offline during the attack, is showing the single image of “Je Suis Charlie” (I Am Charlie) on a black banner, referring to a hashtag that is trending on Twitter in solidarity with the victims.

je-suis-charlieAlternate Translations (PDF)

President Francois Hollande said there was no doubt it had been a terrorist attack “of exceptional barbarity”. People had been “murdered in a cowardly manner”, Hollande told reporters at the scene. “We are threatened because we are a country of liberty,” he added, appealing for national unity.

French government officials are holding an emergency meeting, and President Hollande is due to give a televised address later.

After the attack, police warned French media outlets to be on alert and pay attention to security.

The country was already on the alert for Islamist militant attacks after several incidents just before Christmas.

Cars were driven at shoppers in two cities, Dijon and Nantes, and police were attacked by a man wielding a knife in Tours.

While the French government denied the attacks were linked, it announced plans to further raise security in public spaces, including the deployment of about 300 soldiers.

Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten, which published cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad in 2005 sparking riots in Muslim countries, says it has stepped up security in the wake of the Charlie Hebdo attack.

FBI Files on Samir Khan, American Killed by 2011 US Drone Strike in Yemen

In Al-Qaeda, Archive, FBI, ISIS, Islamic State, Surveillance, Terrorism, Yemen on November 3, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Anwar al-Awlaki & Samir Khan, both Americans, killed in 2011 by extrajudicial US drone strike in Yemen


Jason Leopold/VICE:

In 2006, a high priority for the FBI was tracking the owner of a blog called Inshallahshaheed who frequently posted commentary in support of Muslim extremist groups and violent jihad.

The FBI feared that both the shifting tone of the blog entries and the dozens of videos the blogger posted to YouTube depicting terrorist operations indicated that he was planning an attack against the US, or intended to join up with militants in Iraq and Afghanistan to fight the US military.

Five years later, that blogger, Samir Khan, was killed in a CIA drone strike in Yemen alongside radical cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, who the Obama administration had secretly targeted for death, setting off a fierce debate over executive power. Both men were affiliated with al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula — and both men were US citizens.

VICE News has exclusively obtained many of Khan’s FBI’s files in response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request filed not long after his death. It is extremely rare for files on accused terrorists to be released by the government; historically, they have remained classified. In a letter accompanying the documents, the FBI said more than 250 pages of records were withheld on national security grounds and because they would reveal the identity of confidential sources, law enforcement investigative techniques and pertain to ongoing investigations into terrorism. The FBI said other documents were referred to separate government agencies (believed to be the CIA and Department of Defense) for review. The bureau said in its letter it expects to release another batch of documents on Khan at a later time.

The documents indicate that the FBI began its probe of Khan based entirely on what the bureau referred to as “jihadist” blog posts to Inshallahshaheed, an Arabic phrase that means “Martyr, God willing.” The files do not reveal any active plot by Khan against the US or its interests overseas.

The hundreds of pages of redacted FBI documents from 2006 through 2010 reveal the genesis of the FBI’s probe into Khan, provide a window into how terrorists use the internet to attract recruits, and reveal how the FBI may currently be tracking American citizens sympathetic to the Islamic State. In fact, Khan’s FBI files reference the Islamic State — specifically his use of the Islamic State of Iraq flag as an avatar — indicating that the bureau had been collecting intelligence on the group for years.


FBI Document Release #1 (September 2014)

FBI Document Release #2 (November 2014)

Legality of Lethal Operation by CIA Against US Citizen – DOJ White Paper

In Archive, CIA, Drones, Military, Terrorism, USA, Yemen on September 12, 2014 at 11:20 AM


Jason Leopold/VICE:

“This white paper sets forth the legal basis upon which the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) could use lethal force in Yemen against a United States citizen who senior officials reasonably determined was a senior leader of al-Qaida or an associated force of al-Qaida.”

So begins a 22-page, heavily redacted, previously top-secret document titled “Legality of a Lethal Operation by the Central Intelligence Agency Against a US Citizen,” which provides the first detailed look at the legal rationale behind lethal operations conducted by the agency. The white paper was turned over to VICE News in response to a long-running Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit against the Justice Department.

It’s one of two white papers the Justice Department prepared in 2011 after lawmakers demanded to know what the administration’s legal rationale was for targeting for death the radical Muslim cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, a US citizen. The first white paper, released last year, addressed why the targeted killing by the US military of an American abroad was lawful. This second white paper addresses why it was lawful for the CIA to do so. Neither white paper identifies Awlaki by name.

The May 25, 2011 document is based on a 41-page Justice Department memo that lays out the government’s legal basis for targeting Awlaki without affording him his right to due process under the US Constitution. For years, the Obama administration was pressured by lawmakers to share the memo, but officials refused — and wouldn’t even confirm that such a memo existed. In June the Department of Justice released 31 pages of the memo, with substantial portions blacked out. The last 10 pages of the memo remain redacted to protect “intelligence sources and methods.”


Related Link: US Planning to Drone Another American in Pakistan

Bendigo – the town that said “NO” to Islam (and failed?)

In Activism, Afghanistan, Al Jazeera NEWSHOUR, Anonymous, Archive, ASIO, ASIS, Australia, Censorship, Environment, Facebook, FBI, FDA, FED, Fiscal Cliff, FOI, FOIA, France, Google, Indonesia, INTERPOL, leaksource, NSA, NWO, Occupy, Pakistan, Pope, PSYOP, Russia, Saudi Arabia, SOCOM, SPIN, Surveillance, UN, video, Viral Videos, Yemen on June 19, 2014 at 8:42 AM



More than 200 Bendigo residents have voiced their opposition to the Bendigo City Council approving plans for the construction of a $3 million Mosque in the eastern part of the town.

There were some 350 objections to the development and more than 40 submissions of support.

If you’re Muslim and you want a mosque, go back to the Middle East. This is Australia,”

One example of the type of Islam-a-phobia that grips the region along with a  deep ignorance towards the unknown.

Regardless the Council has approved the construction, with some changes in the height of the minaret for example, and no prayer calls.

Bendigo people own Bendigo, it’s their town, they have the right to say mosque or no mosque,”

We’re not racists.”  were common threads heard at the meeting.

The International students which come to Bendigo to study at the near by La Trobe Uni make up a large part of the Muslim Population in Bendigo.

A Mosque in Bendigo would be a great asset..and lets face it, Bendigo needs all it can get.

UPDATE 28 June 2014

Restore Australia has paid for a Sydney lawyer often used in anti-mosque hearings, Robert Balzola, to appeal to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal on planning grounds.

Update 20 October 2014

Recent article from September from The Castlemanian should be noted.

Was this more about the safety of the Defence Imagery and Geospatial Organisation, which is also in Bendigo?

A cleverly disguised attempt by Oz spooks to keep Bendigo free from some unseen danger associated with Islam?





(full article)


Further to this

(full article)



US Targeted Killings 2002-2013 Est. – 461 Drone Strikes, 3,520 Killed, 457 Civilians

In Archive, Drones, Pakistan, Somalia, Yemen on January 3, 2014 at 4:17 AM




In January 2013, we released a report that called on President Obama to reform U.S. targeted killing policies in non-battlefield settings. Included in that report was a chart that estimated the number of strikes, total fatalities, and civilian fatalities through the end of 2012. The data was based on averages within the ranges provided by the Bureau of Investigative Journalism,Long War Journal, and New America Foundation.  We have updated our chart to display all known U.S. targeted killings in non-battlefield settings from the first one on November 3, 2002, through the end of 2013.

Bush/Obama Comparison: Bush: 50 strikes, killing approx. 300 people – Obama: 411 strikes, killing approx. 3,200 people


Related Link: Amnesty & HRW Reports on US Drone Strikes in Pakistan/Yemen: Violate Int’l Law, Officials Should Be Charged with War Crimes

View original post

%d bloggers like this: